Vacancy of operations officer
Dec 11, 2018 | E-justice, Judiciary, Justice, Probation, Property right protection
Contact Address : email@example.com Country: Ukraine Deadline for applications : 21/12/2018
Project Description : “PRAVO-JUSTICE” (Support to Justice Related Reforms in Ukraine)
The EU-funded Project “PRAVO-JUSTICE” (Support to Justice Related Reforms in Ukraine) is implemented by Expertise France (EF), and a number of partners. The Project promotes the rule of law in line with European standards and best comparative practices, and will run until the end of 2020. In particular, the Project is helping Ukrainian counterparts in the implementation of the Justice Sector Reform Strategy and Action Plan 2015-2020 (JSRSAP), while also focusing on the reset of the judiciary, support to the Ministry of Justice (MOJ), promotion of property rights and enforcement of court decisions, enabling of the probation service, e-justice and other objectives. The Permanent Project Team in Kyiv consists of a Team Leader, international and national Key Experts, and support staff. The Project is also implemented by a variety of international and national short-term experts (STEs). In order to fully implement its tasks, the Permanent Project Team requires the services of an Operations Officer (Local hire).
Mission Description : Under the direct guidance and supervision of the Team Leader, the Operations Officer will support efficient coordination of the Project operations. He/she will perform the following main tasks:
• Take a leading role in supporting the coordination of the Project operations - especially among the different Components, Key Experts, Permanent Team and STEs - including planning, implementation of missions and other activities;
• Represent the Project in various activities;
• Identify bottlenecks and propose solutions to improve efficiency of operations of the Project;
• Assist in the streamlining and automation of the internal data management and information sharing;
• Support the Team Leader by ensuring quality reporting (including meeting records, memos, mission reports etc.) and timely implementation of all Project tasks, including the assistance in planning and implementing the Team Leader’s agenda;
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Team Leader.
The required candidate should have:
University or other relevant degree pertinent for the tasks above;
Excellent command of written and spoken English and Ukrainian;
Ability to work with minimal supervision under tight deadlines.
• At least 3 years’ work experience;
• Experience in project management is required, with project management experience in the rule of law sector an advantage;
• Experience working in a setting with people of different backgrounds and nationalities is desirable.
Additional Information :
• Mission area: Ukraine
• Duration: 24 months
• Starting date: As soon as possible
All applications must include the following:
• Cover letter
Applications should be sent to Expertise France by email before 21 December 2018 at 18:00 Paris time, using the following subject: Pravo-Justice Operations Officer
If you do not receive a response within 3 weeks of the application deadline, please consider that your application has not been shortlisted.
The process of selection of expressions of interest will occur in two phases:
• As a first step, a shortlist will be freely established by Expertise France.
• Selected candidates may then be invited for an interview. Fees for the services will be negotiated with the designated candidate.