Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (Pravo-Justice Ukraine) (M/W)
Mar 05, 2021 | E-justice, Judiciary, Justice, Probation, Property rights protection
The EU-funded Support to Justice-Related Reforms "Pravo-Justice" project seeks an experienced Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (M&EO) for the collection, management, analysis, and reporting of data throughout the implementation of the Project.
Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Team Leader Operations and in close coordination with the EF Project Manager, the M&EO will:
- Develop the Project’s monitoring and evaluation plan and results Framework, with input from the Paris-based M&E support unit;
- Develop custom indicators and the methodology for monitoring of the project, and implement procedures for the regular collection and verification of data;
- Develop and implement surveys and data collection tools to assess the impact of Project activities;
- Steer the collection of and reporting on data from all Components, in close coordination with Junior National Experts/Project Assistants;
- Manage, review, and update data to ensure its quality and integrity, and conduct data quality assessments;
- Provide M&E capacity building to Project Team, partners, beneficiaries and other stakeholders;
- Support Project grantees and sub-contractors in the development of M&E tools and ensure proper collection and reporting of data;
- Support the Deputy Team Leader Operations in the preparation of documents for ad hoc internal and external reporting processes and regularly update the M&E Plan and Logframe for external reporting;
- Perform other tasks at the request of the Team Leader, Deputy Team Leader Operations, and/or EF Project Manager.
Project or context description
Pravo-Justice, implemented by Expertise France (EF) with funding from the European Union, accompanies Ukrainian authorities in the process of justice sector reform, in line with the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement and European standards and comparative best practices. Since 2017, the Project has supported justice sector policy development and coordination, the judiciary, property rights protection, private legal professions development, reform of penitentiary and probation systems, and digitisation (e-justice).
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; advanced degree preferred;
- At least 5 years of experience in M&E, including drafting of M&E plans, development and tracking of indicators, and evaluation of performance on a technical assistance project;
- Knowledge of approaches to automation of M&E;
- A high degree of initiative and ability to multitask;
- Experience in international development projects, or other multi-cultural, multi-stakeholder environments would be considered an asset;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Ukrainian;
- Current residency in Ukraine.
The successful candidate will be engaged through a fixed-term contract of approximately 3 months to start, with the possibility for extension. This position and subsequent extension of the mission is contingent upon funding.
The position is based in Kyiv, with occasional travel within Ukraine (approximately 5-10%). The desired start date is ASAP or 1 April 2021.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and as such candidates are encouraged to apply early. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to take a written test.
Deadline for application : 31/03/2021 14:34