Junior National Expert/Project Assistant (Pravo-Justice Ukraine) (M/W)
The Junior National Expert/Project Assistant (JNE/PA) will work closely with international and national key experts, the Administrative and Financial Unit of the Project, the EF Project Manager, and the rest of the Project team based in Kyiv to ensure the financial, administrative, and logistical management of Project activities. Under the direct supervision of the international or national expert Component Lead and overall strategic oversight of the Team Leader, the JNE/PA will:
- Support the day-to-day planning, organisation, co-ordination, implementation and monitoring of Project activities, ensuring that all necessary financial and administrative procedures are completed in a timely manner and in accordance with European regulations and internal rules and procedures;
- Oversee the activities budget and track spending, in support to the international and national key experts;
- Ensure the administrative, financial and contractual management and oversight of short-term expert missions (STEM);
- Contribute proactively to the planning of events, ensuring that all contractual, logistical, and financial arrangements are in place;
- Liaise between the Paris-based Project Manager, the local project team and short-term experts on financial, administrative, and logistical matters;
- Proofread, correct and translate, as necessary, documents and texts related to Project activities;
- Support the production, distribution and publication of documents in print version or online, in coordination with the Communications Officer;
- Ensure proper knowledge management, archiving of project documents, and data collection in the Project database;
- Perform other tasks at the request of international and national key experts and/or Project leadership.
Project or context description
Pravo-Justice, implemented by Expertise France (EF) with funding from the European Union, accompanies Ukrainian authorities in the process of justice sector reform, in line with the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement and European standards and comparative best practices. Since 2017, the Project has supported justice sector policy development and coordination, the judiciary, property rights protection, private legal professions development, reform of penitentiary and probation systems, and digitisation (e-justice).
- University degree in law, human rights, political science, international affairs, or any other degree relevant to the assignment
- At least one year of project management experience, preferably within the context of a technical assistance project
- At least one year of experience supporting logistics and event management in a fast-paced environment
- Strong budget tracking and budget analysis skills (proficiency in Excel required)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- High degree of organization, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Ukrainian
- Current resident of Ukraine
The successful candidate will be engaged through a fixed-term contract of initially three months, with the possibility for extension. The extension of the mission is contingent upon funding.
The position is based in Kyiv, with occasional travel within Ukraine (less than 10%). The desired start date is ASAP or 1 April 2021.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and as such candidates are encouraged to apply early. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to take a written test.
Deadline for application : 31/03/2021 15:00