Fourth national forum “Independent courts and free media: counteracting misinformation”
On 1 July, the High Council of Justice will hold the Fourth national forum "Independent courts and free media", dedicated to the cooperation of the judiciary with the media in the fight against disinformation. International and national experts, representatives of the judiciary and the media will discuss the following topics:
● The concept of disinformation;
● Methods combating propaganda;
● The impact of disinformation on the judicial system;
● Disinformation in the focus of the law.
Media representatives are invited to attend What? Fourth national forum “Independent courts and free media: counteracting misinformation” When? 1 July 2020, 9:00 - 15:45 Where? Zoom, registration is at the link.
● Anna Adamska-Gallant, international key expert on judicial reform of the EU Project Pravo-Justice
● Larysa Shvetsova, member of the High Council of Justice
● Oleksandr Tkachenko, Minister of Culture and Information Policy
● The programme is available at the link.
The working languages are English and Ukrainian, simultaneous interpretation.
Event organisers: High Council of Justice, Supreme Court, Council of Judges of Ukraine, State Judicial Administration of Ukraine, National School of Judges of Ukraine together with the EU Project Pravo-Justice, with the financial support of the European Union.
Media partners: Yurydychna Gazeta, Hromadske radio, Interfax-Ukraine, NGO Detector Media, Institute of Mass Information, National Union of Journalists of Ukraine, Internews-Ukraine.
For media accreditation please register at the link, for more information contact Oksana Torhan via firstname.lastname@example.org or +380 95 500 76 80.