Justice Sector Policy and Coordination
EU Project Pravo-Justice Component 1 experts contribute to spreading European practices and standards in the Ukrainian justice system; they also support Ukrainian justice sector institutions on the path towards Ukraine’s integration into the European Union and facilitate investigation of war crimes.
- Supporting public prosecution in investigating war crimes committed in Ukraine and bringing the perpetrators to responsibility
- Supporting public prosecution in improving staff selection procedures, their professional development and enhancing their self-government
- Promoting alternative dispute resolution
- Involving regional legal community in shaping state policy in the justice sector via a bottom-up and evidence-based approach, in particular, Regional Justice Reform Councils
- Prosecutor General’s Office
- Ministry of Justice of Ukraine
- Supreme Court
- Regional Justice Reform Councils
- National School of Judges of Ukraine
- Advocates, private enforcement officers, notaries, mediators, etc
Senior International Expert on Fight against International Crimes, Fight against International Crimes Sub-Component Lead
Key Expert on Fight against International Crimes
Key Expert, Public Prosecution Office reform
Regional Justice Reform Councils
The EU Project Pravo-Justice supports the involvement of legal community from different regions of Ukraine in reforming the country’s justice sector. This activity is carried out within the framework of Regional Justice Reform Councils from Chernivtsi, Dnipropetrovsk, Kharkiv, Lviv, Odesa Regions and Donbas.
Members of these Councils were taking an active part in drafting a mediation draft law and amendments to the Bankruptcy Code, proposals on improvement of legislation on enforcement proceedings, implementation of e-court and discussion of the transitional justice concept.
Related Results & Reports
The Analytical Report examines the main reasons for refusing to hold remote hearings in civil, economic, or administrative proceedings.
A collection of practical tips and ready-made solutions on how to communicate about mediation has been prepared by the group of communication experts.