Vacancy of Communication Officer
Sep 10, 2018 | E-justice, Judiciary, Justice, Probation, Property right protection
EU Project "Pravo-Justice" is looking for Communications Officer that will be responsible for the overall communication strategy of the project, creation of a project identity and all relevant dissemination material. He/she will work in close collaboration with the project team leader and will assist other key experts in their communication activities.
Job Title: Communication Officer
Project Description: Following the adoption of the program “Support Rule of Law Reforms in Ukraine” (PRAVO) in November 2017 by the European Neighborhood Instrument’s Committee, Expertise France has been identified to implement the 1st axis of intervention “Support to justice sector reforms” (Pravo-Justice) through indirect management. The project shall enforce practical fair access to justice for all, based on the rule of law and respect of common European democratic values and standards. The Pravo-Justice addresses the needs of Ukraine to accomplish the reform of the Justice Sector Institutions (JSIs). The scope of the project covers the objectives of the EU – Ukraine Associated Agreement and also the Justice Sector Reform Strategy 2015-20 (JSRS) and its Action Plan (JSRS AP). It aims to strengthen the justice system and provides for a number of complex activities targeting strategic priorities and specific actions resulting from mentioned policy making documents. The project with a budget of 15 million € for 3 years will be based in Kyiv and deploy a team composed of 3 International Key-Experts and 5 National Key-Experts. It is structured around four components:
- Justice Reform Management: Strengthening capacity of institutions for designing and implementing the Justice Reform Strategy
- Judiciary and related institutions (e.g. public prosecution, legal profession, etc.): Enhancing governance, professionalism, transparency and efficiency of the judiciary and related institutions
- Enforcement: improving enforcement of judgments (civil and criminal) and the enforceability of obligations
- E-Justice: support the development and introduction of e-justice tools
Mission Description: Under the supervision and guidance of Expertise France and the Team Leader, the communication officer will be responsible for the overall communication strategy of the project (development of strategy, drafting of communication and visibility plan, implementation of communication activities both internal and external). The communication officer will be responsible for the creation of a project identity and all relevant dissemination material. He/she will work in close collaboration with the project team leader and will assist other key experts in their communication activities.
- Design and implement the communication strategy of the project in line with EU communication standards and orientations,
- Plan project outreach and events in collaboration with Expertise France and the project Team Leader,
- Ensure adequate representation of the project in the media (press and online) and to specific targeted audiences (project website, newsletter, contacts database, etc.),
- Be in charge of Reporting/writing/proof-reading (briefing papers and other written communication products or promotional material; key/sensitive correspondence, reports and speeches; drafting of the annual project report),
- Handle any necessary task having to do with communication identified during the project.
Qualifications: The candidate should at minimum have: University degree (BA or MA or equivalent) in international relations, communication, journalism or a related field, Excellent IT skills, with experience in HTML, Dreamweaver or other website software experience, Good communication and reporting skills, Fluent in spoken and written English and Ukrainian and/or Russian.
Professional Experience: At minimum of 5 years of professional experience of communications on sensitive topics, Knowledge of EU communication guidelines; experience working on an EU project desirable, Knowledge of Justice issues is highly desirable, Previous experience of public/external relations or advocacy, reporting and/or broadcasting; and/or activism or outreach work is highly desirable.
Additional Information: Place of mission: Kyiv
Duration: 27 months
Date of start: ASAP
Required documents: CV; Cover Letter.
Interested candidates are welcome to send their documents indicating as Subject Communication officer PRAVO to the e-mail address email@example.com.
NB: interested candidates are welcome to send their applications ASAP, Expertise France reserve the right to close the selection before deadline.