Call for applicant - Administrative and financial controller
Mar 11, 2020 | E-justice, Judiciary, Justice, Probation, Property rights protection
Justice Cooperation Internationale (JCI) is the mandated body of the French Ministry of Justice, under the specific mandate of Expertise France for a delegation agreement from the European Commission to providing Support to Rule of Law Reforms in Ukraine (PRAVO).
Building on the previous JCI project "support to Justice sector reform in Ukraine" implemented between 2013 and 2017, the project shall enforce practical fair access to justice for all, based on the rule of law and respect of common European democratic values and standards.
The PRAVO-JUSTICE addresses the needs of Ukraine to accomplish the reform of the Justice Sector Institutions (JSIs). The scope of the project covers the objectives of the EU – Ukraine Associated Agreement and also the Justice Sector Reform Strategy 2015-20 (JSRS) and its Action Plan (JSRS AP). It aims to strengthen the justice system and provides for a number of complex activities targeting strategic priorities and specific actions resulting from mentioned policy making documents. The project with a budget of 15 million € for 3 years is based in Kyiv and deploy a team composed of 3 International Key-Experts and 5 National Key Experts for the whole duration of the project. It is structured around four components:
- Justice Reform Management: Strengthening capacity of institutions for designing and implementing the Justice Reform Strategy
- Judiciary and related institutions (e.g. public prosecution, legal profession, etc.): Enhancing governance, professionalism, transparency and efficiency of the judiciary and related institutions
- Enforcement: improving enforcement of judgments (civil and criminal) and the enforceability of obligations
- E-Justice: support the development and introduction of e-justice tools.
These specific objectives are as follows:
1/ Support beneficiaries in the implementation of reforms: providing support to prepare annual implementation plans linked to the strategy, setting up tools for monitoring the work carried out, etc.
2/ Improve the functioning of the courts: organisation, recruitment, training and careers of judges and clerks, improvement of procedures (civil chain, enforcement of civil judgments and criminal sanctions, etc.),
3/ Fluidify procedures: implementation of tools allowing to dematerialize the various stages of judicial decisions.
Missions of the expert:
▪ Collect and classify all invoices related to the implementation of activities;
▪ Insure the conformity of all invoices and supporting docs as per JCI guidelines;
▪ Liaise with providers and experts in case of incorrect and/or missing documents;
▪ Forward complete and comprehensive files to JCI headquarters for payment;
▪ Keep and update a table of all invoices received (providers and experts) and liaise with JCI on the follow up of payments;
▪ Participate to the financial reporting to JCI
Qualifications and skills:
▪ University diploma (accounting, economics, administration) or equivalent (plus relevant professional qualification);
▪ Excellent command of both written and spoken English and Ukrainian
▪ Advanced computer literacy;
▪ Excellent organisational skills;
▪ Excellent communication (written and oral) skills;
▪ Very good analytical skills. General professional experience:
▪ Minimum 5 years of general professional experience;
▪ Minimum 2 years of experience related to the present assignment;
▪ Preferably previous work experience in the field of international cooperation for development with applied European standards.
Professional experience considered an asset:
▪ Work experience in providing technical assistance to judiciary reforms, in the legal or judicial system support programme is an important asset
Estimated start date: as soon as available (no later than 1/4/2020)
Estimated duration: 9 months (with a possibility of an extension if the project is extended)
Status: Service contract with JCI
Application deadline: 20 of March C.O.B.
Please put in the email object: “PRAVO Admin and finance application”
To submit your application or for further information, please contact:
Tatiana Zhezhel, project manager firstname.lastname@example.org and Adrien Elbe, Deputy Head of Operations, adrien.elbe@gip-jci-justice.Fr